Thursday, December 22, 2011

#31DDD: Unusual family traditions/eat only three things

I'm struggling to complete these last few prompts. I gave serious thought to skipping today's, but knowing that I missed a day would drive me crazy. I also struggled to think of any weird traditions my family has. These may not be all that unusual, but in honor of the season, I offer up an inside look at S.O.P. at the Dennis-McClain house.
  • We open presents on Christmas Eve. Always have, always will.
  • Saturdays growing up almost always followed the same schedule: grocery shopping, the mall, lunch at the mall, Wal-Mart.
  • The tea towels and potholders changed with every holiday or season.
enchiladas verdas

Moving ahead to today's prompt, could I choose three things to survive on for the rest of my life? Yep. I could easily live on Mexican rice, refried beans, and flour tortillas. If you are what you eat, I'm not sure I want to know what that says about me. All I can say is that I'm hoping salsa is considered a spice and not one of my three ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment