Sunday, December 18, 2011

#31DDD: Post one of your favorite cell phone pics

puppet master

I have a confession. This isn't my favorite photo on my cell phone right now. I don't really want to tell you about that photo, preferring to keep the girly feelings that picture gives me to myself.

The photo of these vintage German puppets certainly counts as one of the recent photos I'm quite fond of though. I find myself drawn to these haunting figures. Maybe it's just me, but I find puppets of any kind incredibly creepy. These were hanging around a German antique store in Leesburg, awaiting their next gig. If you managed to tear your eyes away from Christmas ornaments from 1920s Germany littering the table in the center of the room, you would have noticed an old puppet theater in the opposing corner. A whole world was for sale in that little room.

If you ever find yourself in old Leesburg, stop into German Favorite Antiques. So many beautiful (and creepy) things are tucked into its crevices and cabinets.

No comments:

Post a Comment