Sunday, December 11, 2011

#31DDD: Keebler elves or Santa's workshop elves

family portrait take 1
My obsession with Elf led me to whip up some elf hats for Christmas photos one year. I laugh so 
hard every time I see this photo. The only thing I managed to capture is the tip of Charlie's head.

Santa's workshop elves rule the roost! This is particularly true when the elf is Will Ferrell.

Elf has quickly become one of my favorite Christmas movies. It goes beyond being able to laugh at a grown man in yellow tights. It's the childlike joy with which he experiences Christmas and life. Don't you wish more people would remember what that was like? Plus, the snowflake-filled winter wonderland he created at the department store is all kinds of fabulous.

While we're on the subject, last night we happened upon the topic of favorite Christmas movies, and I once again confessed my love for Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas. Have you seen it? Jim Henson puppets with good old-fashioned class struggle mixed in...what more could you want? It really isn't as depressing as it sounds. It's chock full of uplifting moments and heartwarming songs, too. :-)

What's your favorite Christmas movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment