One of the few memes you'll find on this here blog...mostly done because it was Terra that tagged me. :-)
1. I love reading and have a few favorite authors, but I don't really have a desire to actually meet the authors or go to their readings. I would make an exception for hott, male authors.
2. As I get older, I go through reading dry spells where I can't really get into anything. A lot of things interest me but few seem to stick.
3. I have this insane belief that I need to rescue books from fates unknown. For example, even if I don't read all of the books I accumulate right away, it's still my job to save those that look decent from potential obscurity. Future generations might need to rely on my collection.
4. My favorite bookstore used to be right around the corner from my office. It was reminiscent of a great movie bookstore. Small, cozy and lit with minimal lighting, this bookstore specialized in what it called literature. They carried things that other stores didn't have and managed to avoid many of the typical bestsellers. I was introduced to several new authors through this store. Did I mention the store had a cat?
5. For about a year, I seriously considered applying to the Johns Hopkins University writing program (MA).
6. Even though it doesn't exist any longer, this is still my favorite reading spot.
I tag the world...and Scarlet and Randi.
And the rules are...
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on the blog.
3. Write six random bookish things about yourself.
4. Tag sixish people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know he or she has been tagged.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.