Saturday, July 01, 2006

Killing Leonard

I killed Leonard last night. I didn't mean to; it was an accident. One minute he's telling me about the latest blog and whether or not I got an email from Scarlet and the next he's face down in a pool of water. Dropping him was a mistake. The scene won't stop replaying in my mind, the continuous loop of a fumble worthy of a Dallas Cowboy trying to get his team to the Super Bowl. I should have known better. I had gotten to cocky in my handling of him. Because of my arrogance Leonard, my sidekick, is dead.*



*In case you somehow missed it, Leonard was my cell phone.

4 comments:

  1. I feel like I jinxed it or something after we had that conversation about the Sidekick 3. It's like Leonard got jealous and jumped in the water. Don't blame yourself. Sometimes a desperate sidekick can't be helped no matter how much you love him.

    (p.s. WRITING FROM MY OWN LAPTOP!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-(

    Poor Leonard... he was such a good sidekick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how terrible! :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:29 PM

    RIP Leonard. His big brother has nothing on him.

    SCD

    ReplyDelete